Tailscale allows you to easily integrate WireGuard VPN functionality to secure your embedded Linux device. While WireGuard provides a secure VPN tunnel at the kernel level, Tailscale secures the network between devices, servers, computers and cloud instances, even when separated by firewalls or subnets. It also enforces multi-factor authentication and only allows devices to connect after signing in through an existing identity provider.
To learn how to use your Raspberry Pi as a gateway and secure it with Tailscale, see the tutorial and video series, Create a VPN Gateway with Tailscale and Pantavisor on a Raspberry Pi 3
Sign up for the Tailscale service and log into Pantacor hub One
The following explains how to install the Tailscale App onto your Pantacor hub One device and set everything up correctly. Before you begin this tutorial, go to the www.tailscale.com and sign up for an account.
- Before you begin, direct your browser to the Pantacor Hub One website at https://one.apps.pantahub.com/.
- Select your device, click the gear to open the interface and then click the Apps button (see screenshot below).
- Click the Install button under Tailscale VPN.
- And wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once installation completes, click on the newly created Tailscale VPN button to add the configuration settings.
- For a basic installation you only need to add your authorization key. The key is obtained by logging into Tailscale, visiting https://login.tailscale.com/admin/authkeys and generating a new one. Paste the key into the ‘Authorization Key‘ field in the Settings tab.
Finally select the Overview tab, enable the Tailscale VPN and click Apply!
Now enjoy your VPN!