This tutorial describes how to use the Yii framework with Pantavisor and share it on our firmware and app sharing and management platform Pantacor Hub. You’ll first download Pantavisor onto your device, and then you’ll download the Yii framework. Pantavisor converts regular Docker containers into LXC containers so that they can run on the device.
Prepare your RPI3 device with Pantavisor to deploy Yii2 by following 6 Steps:
1. Burn the RPI3 initial stable image into your sd card.
Download the Pantavisor image for RPI3:
unxz the device image with:
$ unxz rpi3_initial_stable.img.xz
Burn the image into SD card using Raspberry Pi Imager 1.2:
2. Boot the RPI3.
Insert the sd card and supply the power:
3. Sign up for a Pantacor Hub account.
4. Download and install the Pantavisor CLI utilities
pvr are CLI utilities that interact with your device and the Pantacor Hub platform. With pvr you can share containerized firmware and other projects. After you’ve downloaded the binary, move it to your bin folder. See Pantacor Docs for more information.
pvr clone; pvr commit; pvr post
5. Detect and claim your device
Connect a LAN cable between your RPI3 and your computer or router.
Open the terminal and scan the device with:
$ pvr scan
Claim your device:
$ pvr claim -c merely-regular-gorilla https://api.pantahub.com:443/devices/5f1b9c44e193a5000afa9901
Log into Pantacor Hub and check for the newly claimed device in the dashboard.
6. Clone the device to your computer using the device clone URL found in the dashboard.
$ pvr clone https://pvr.pantahub.com/sirinibin/presently_learning_pelican/0 presently_learning_pelican
Now your device is ready to deploy your Yii2 app
Deploy the Yii2 app to the device
1. Move to the device root dir:
$ cd presently_learning_pelican
2. Add a new app “yii2” into the device
sirinibin/yii2-basic-arm32v7:latest is a Docker image created for devices with an ARM32 architecture.
You can also customize the Docker image for your custom Yii2 app.
$ pvr app add yii2 --from=sirinibin/yii2-basic-arm32v7:latest
3. Deploy the changes to the device with:
$ pvr add . $ pvr commit $ pvr post
4. Check the device status changes in Pantahub.com dashboard & wait for the status to become “DONE”
5. Verify the “yii2” deployment
Access the device IP: http://10.42.0.231/myapp1/web/ in your web browser.
You are done!