We are happy to announce that ODROID-C2 is now a part of our list of supported platforms. The ODROID-C2 is a solid alternative to the Raspberry Pi model 3 B, and is anywhere from 2 to 10x faster than the Pi 3, depending on the operation, and offers a few great features:
- 2GHz quad-core Cortex A53 processor (Pi 3 is clocked at 1.2 GHz)
- Mali-450 GPU (Pi 3 has a VideoCore IV 3D GPU)
- 2 GB RAM (Pi 3 has 1 GB)
- Gigabit Ethernet (Pi 3 has 10/100)
- 4K video support (Pi 3 supports HD… drivers/support are usually better for Pi though)
- eMMC slot (Pi 3 doesn’t offer this option)
- UHS-1 clocked microSD card slot (Pi 3 requires overclock to get this speed)
Login to Pantacor Hub
Before getting started installing Pantavisor on the ODROID-C2, it is recommended that you register and create a free account on Pantacor Hub.
Download the image
A prebuilt image with auto-claim feature can be downloaded from Pantacor Hub, this image will allow your ODROID-C2 to automatically join your user account after it connects to the internet.
- Login to Pantacor Hub
- Visit https://hub.pantacor.com/download-image
Release Candidatefrom the first drop-down.
- Select “
arm-odroid-c2” from the second drop-down.
- Click the Download button.
We recommend following the guidelines in our Docs for step-by-step instructions to get started with flashing the downloaded image on your ODROID-C2 if this is your first time working with Pantacor technology. However, you’ll find a streamlined and general “how-to” below (use the links for more detail).
Boot your device and add it to Pantacor Hub
- Make sure you’ve completed the Prerequisites section to set up the environment on your host machine located in our documentation here.
- Flash the image onto your sd-card following the instructions outlined here.
- Insert the flashed sd-card into your ODROID-C2
- Supply power to your ODROID-C2 using an approved 5V-2A DC power supply.
ODROID-C2 can be powered from 2.5mm DC Jack or can also be powered from the micro USB OTG port.
- Once the ODROID-C2 has powered up insert a LAN Cable into the ODROID-C2 and follow LAN Connection Setup to connect the ODROID-C2 to the internet.
- After a few minutes your device should automatically join your user account and show up in your dashboard on Pantacor Hub. Refer how to discover your device for more information.
Note: If your device is not showing up in Pantacor Hub after 5 minutes please ensure that you followed the Download steps above correctly and were logged into your account before downloading the image.
- Congratulations, your ODROID-C2 is now connected to Pantacor Hub!